Early Years Leader: Children’s Programs Docklands
- An exciting opportunity to take the next step in your early childhood education and care career
- Fixed Term role – Part Time (24 hours per week)
- Based in Docklands
About The Role
Working as part of a high performing team, the Early Years Leader role is responsible for leading and mentoring Early Childhood Educators in providing quality early childhood education and care.
You will be responsible for leading the development, documentation and implementation of an education program that reflects sound knowledge and understanding of the approved learning frameworks that is stimulating, engaging and enhances children’s learning and development.
A strong working knowledge of the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development and National Quality Frameworks including the organisation’s purpose, values, policies and procedures underpin the requirements of this role.
To be successful in this role you will have…
- A Diploma of Children’s Services
- At least 4 years’ experience within the Early Childhood Education and Care sector
- At least 2 years’ experience within a leadership role
- Comprehensive knowledge of the National Quality Framework, Education and Care Services National Regulations 2012, Education and Care Services National Law Act 2010 and National Quality Standards
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) Belonging, Being and Becoming and the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework (VEYLDF) through an emergent play based curriculum
- Demonstrated ability to deliver inclusive programs that are respective of diversity and additional needs
- Proven ability to be a reflective practitioner of performance and practice
We can offer you…
- The opportunity to be part of an organisation that is making a difference in the community
- A flexible and supportive workplace with ample opportunities for professional development
- The chance to meet and work with people who are some of the best in their field
- To apply, please send your cover letter addressing the selection criteria to Kim Kippin via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here to view the position description
- Gowrie Victoria is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people. Appointment will be conditional upon a satisfactory Working With Children Check.
- To be eligible for this position, you must have appropriate Australian or New Zealand work rights.