Welcome to our professional development course calendar, where you can browse our upcoming courses and book online.
If you need help at any time, call us on 1300 4 GOWRIE or fill out our contact form.
- This event has passed.
The Role of the Outdoor Educator
October 23, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm$198
This session explores the potential of the outdoor educator role.
Participants will consider strategies for embedding learning about the natural world and the possibilities for enriching the curriculum with a service-wide approach to outdoor learning.
This session/series aligns with the following VIT Australian Professional Standards for Teaching at the Proficient Teacher Level:
- 3.1 Establish challenging learning goals. Set explicit, challenging and achievable learning goals for all learners
- 4.1 Support participation of learners
- Deepen understanding of outdoor learning and the pivotal role of the outdoor educator
- Strengthen knowledge of the principles, practices and learning outcomes of the approved frameworks which underpin outdoor learning
- Gain strategies to support holistic learning in the outdoors