Permanent Full Time Position
Based in North Carlton, close to public transport and cafes
About The Role
This is a key role in our new Adult Learning team, responsible for the quality of Gowrie Victoria’s Adult Learning offerings. Managing a team of professionals, the Team Leader of Adult Learning will be responsible for ensuring that our Adult Learning offering aligns with our philosophy and is responsive to the needs of our learners and customers. This role will ensure that our Adult Learning team has the knowledge, skills and experience to design, deliver and evaluate all forms of adult learning, with a focus on ensuring that we are able to engage with and meet the needs of our learners. Primarily this position will drive the direction and tone for Adult Learning activities in conjunction with the Manager of Adult Learning.
To be successful in this role you must have (selection criteria)
- Exceptional team building and team management skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively create a vision of excellence in adult learning, communicate cogently and embed in practice from design of programs through to comprehensive evaluations
- Strong management and leadership skills including a commitment to performance management and professional development principles; this will be demonstrated through your success in the coaching and mentoring of staff;
- Bachelors qualification in Early Childhood Care and Education or Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care with extensive experience in managing in an Early Childhood or School Age Education and Care setting.
- Certificate IV in Training and Education (required) a higher qualification in Adult Education will be considered very favourably;Demonstrated experience in the management of rosters and timetables for staff and learners
- Demonstrated experience in managing curriculum compliance processes and systems of an RTO
- Collaborative approach to leadership, able to build strong partnership with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure curriculum and facilitator compliance with ASQA standards and Victorian Government contractual requirements
We can offer you…
- A competitive remuneration and benefits package;
- The opportunity to be part of an organisation that is making a difference in the community;
- A flexible and supportive workplace with ample opportunities for professional development;
- The chance to meet and work with people who are some of the best in their field.
- To apply, please send your cover letter (addressing the selection criteria above) and resume to Michele Haywood via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications close: Friday 2nd September, 2016 at 5pm
- Gowrie Victoria is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people. Appointment will be conditional upon a satisfactory Working With Children Check.
- To be eligible for this position, you must have appropriate Australian or New Zealand work rights.