- Fixed Term – Part Time Position (24 hours per week)
- Based in Docklands
About The Role
To lead operational practices, functions and planning within the kitchen, to supervise the Kitchen Assistant and to ensure the kitchen meets operational needs and legislative requirements.
To prepare and cook daily meals within the support of the Kitchen Assistant, develop and promote menus for the Children’s Programs, ensure children’s dietary requirements are being met and medical plans adhere to. To lead compliance across related legislation (Food Safety, OH&S) and ensure that the organisation is meeting its responsibilities in providing a productive, safe and healthy working environment.
To be the successful applicant you will have (selection criteria)
- A Nationally recognised qualification in cooking (Certificate or Diploma)
- Experience as a Cook in a child care centre would be highly desirable
- A current Food Safety Supervisor Certificate
- A current Working with Children
- Working knowledge of the Victorian Food Act 1984
- Attention to detail in cleanliness and hygiene
- Experience in cooking for large numbers of adults and/or children
- Experience in managing a budget and purchasing
- Knowledge of menu planning, nutrition and aesthetic presentation of meals
- Experience in maintaining cleaning schedules, temperature checks and records
We can offer you…
- A commercial rate above award
- Convenient location, close to public transport and cafes
- The opportunity to be part of an organisation that is making a difference in the community
- A flexible and supportive workplace with ample opportunities for professional development
- The chance to meet and work with people who are some of the best in their field
- To apply, please send your cover letter and resume addressing the selection criteria to Kim Kippin via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here to view the position description
- Applications close: Friday 29th July 2016 at 5.00 pm
- Gowrie Victoria is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people. Appointment will be conditional upon a satisfactory Working With Children Check.
- To be eligible for this position, you must have appropriate Australian or New Zealand work rights.