Gowrie Carlton North’s proud history of supporting children, families and the community.
Gowrie Carlton North has a proud history of supporting children, families and the community through high quality early childhood education in our area. First opening our doors in December 1939, we have had over 80 years of establishing and evolving with the principles of the early education and care sector. We are known for our large natural outdoor environment that allows us to embed key sustainable and Indigenous perspectives and give all involved the opportunity to connect to nature and the land that we are founded upon.
We learn through a lens of curiosity and wonder alongside children and families whilst promoting positive strength-based relationships with a focus on providing opportunity for learning as a whole community.
We pride ourselves on ensuring that our practice and relationships celebrate the diverse and inclusive society that populates Australian culture.
Our Carlton North Children’s Program promotes and demonstrates high quality, responsive programs for children through:
• Education and Care programs
• Integrated Kindergarten programs
• Extensive separate outdoor playgrounds with many natural and sustainable features
• Each room implements a flexible indoor/outdoor program and progressive routines
• All programs provide rich learning experiences developed through a strength/interest based approach as we view children as capable, competent co contributors and acknowledge them as active participants in learning