Learn from the experts | You might be eligible for funding | Next intake September 2020
Now’s the time to start your CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care with Gowrie Victoria. Our qualifications are aimed at those who want to be prepared for a rewarding career in early childhood education by learning from the experts. It’s the only sector we train in. Gowrie Victoria has been championing and teaching good early childhood education and care since 1939, because when children learn, we all grow.
With this commitment to the sector and quality training, we aim to inspire our learners to have careers where they can change children’s lives which, hand-in-hand, can change families and communities. We regularly run classes in Carlton North and Docklands. With our range of study and funding options available, we are ready to equip you with the skills and knowledge required to grow your career in Early Childhood Education and Care.
Some of the many reasons people love to study with us:
- We are highly specialised and only train in Early Childhood Education and Care
- We have several established childcare centres around Melbourne where we practice what we preach
- Our classes are small and we provide a nurturing, caring environment for our learners, and we offer weekly face-to-face support sessions
- Our facilitators are reputable and respected trainers with tremendous knowledge of the sector and plenty of experience working within the industry
- Our learners receive extensive training plans, regular assessor visits to work placements, additional study support and access to online resources
- Practical experience both in the training room and during work placements help you to become job ready
- Observation booths located at our Docklands and Carlton North Children’s Programs give learners a unique, bird’s eye view of how to implement theory into practice
- We also offer continuing Professional Development once you are working in the industry.
Career opportunities in the Early Childhood Education and Care sector continue to increase, and the demand for trained educators is projected to grow rapidly in the future. Early Childhood Education and Care is a broad field of study and includes child development, teaching and learning theory, brain research, health, safety, nutrition and socio-cultural understanding. Educators are actively involved in educating and caring for children to ensure they gain the knowledge, skills, and attributes that allow children to make the most of their potential. As an educator of children, you will have a responsibility to respect the needs and rights of all children and care for them in a way which ensures their physical and emotional wellbeing. You may work with babies, toddlers and children up to 12 years of age.
To find out more about becoming an early childhood education and care professional, click here to read an information sheet from ACECQA, the Australian Children’s Education & Care Quality Authority.
Educators are required to have a wide range of practical skills. Educating and caring for children requires knowledge, skill, empathy, kindness and commitment. This is physically, mentally and emotionally demanding work and requires a high level of all-round fitness. You will be on your feet all day, need to be able to get up and down from the floor and be able to lift equipment and children. All employees and volunteers working with children need a clear Police Check and a Working with Children Check. The Early Childhood and School Age Education and Care sector is heavily regulated and educators need to be able to interpret and understand legislation and regulatory requirements.
To work with children, a minimum Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care is required under the Education and Care Services National Regulations. In recognition of the importance of education in the early years for children, employees are now known as educators. Having a qualification in Early Childhood Education allows you to work with children in various environments including long daycare, kindergarten, family day care, in-home care, playgroup, occasional care and outside school hours care settings.
If you have any questions or want to discuss with us further, fill out the form below or call 1300 446 974 and speak to Jenny.