Gowrie Victoria is a not-for-profit organisation, established in 1939, committed to its purpose: For those who teach and care for children, Gowrie Victoria champions good early childhood education and care.
Because when children learn, we all grow.
Our service offerings include:
- Early Learning Centres located at Carlton North, Docklands, Broadmeadows, Yarraville and Carlton Learning Precinct
- A Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3900) that delivers nationally recognised qualifications in Early Childhood Education and Care
- A Professional Development program that includes short courses, coaching and customised training
Statement of Commitment to Child Safety
Gowrie Victoria considers that the safety of children is fundamental for their learning and development. We are fully committed to providing a safe and nurturing environment for all children attending our services.
Gowrie Victoria does not tolerate the physical, sexual, emotional or psychological abuse of children, or any form of child neglect.
At each of our services and right across our whole organisation we have:
- risk management procedures and practices to identify and remove risks to children’s safety
- recruitment and human resource management practices to screen everyone who works or volunteers at any of our services
- a program of continuous education and training to ensure all our staff members are fully up to date with their child safe training
- practices in place to identify children who are at risk of abuse or neglect outside our services
We will investigate and report all allegations of abuse as required by law and by our duty to safeguard children in our care.