Gowrie Victoria is a not-for-profit organisation, established in 1939, committed to its purpose: For those who teach and care for children, Gowrie Victoria champions good early childhood education and care. Because when children learn, we all grow.
Our service offerings include:
- Early Learning Centres located at Carlton North, Docklands and Broadmeadows
- A Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3900) that delivers nationally recognised qualifications in the full scope of vocational training in Early Childhood and School Age Education and Care
- A Professional Development program that includes short courses, webinars and customised training.
Our Statement of Commitment to Child Safety:
Gowrie Victoria’s purpose is to champion good early childhood education and care. An integral component of this purpose is creating a child-safe learning community that promotes the wellbeing, education and development of all children. We are committed to ensuring children’s best interests and keeping them safe by:
- Having a zero tolerance for child abuse
- Actively listening to and empowering children
- Acknowledging the critical importance of children, parents and educators as partners in a learning community
- Respecting and integrating the diverse cultures of children and families
- Developing a strong sense of belonging to help children feel safe and secure in their environment
- Encouraging each child to develop resilience, self-confidence, a positive self-esteem and positive self-worth