The Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care trains learners to become early childhood educators who plan and provide early childhood education and care for infants and children up to 12 years of age. Early childhood educators inspire, delight and educate children in long day care, kindergarten, family day care, occasional care and outside school hours care.
2019 intake dates
May 2019 – enquire for class dates
Learners who are not employed in the early childhood sector and working with children complete a minimum of 160 hours of work placement. Placement can be organised by Gowrie Victoria and is supported by regular visits from a Gowrie Victoria trainer.
You will learn how to:
- Work within a relevant legal and ethical framework
- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- Ensure the health and safety of children
- Promote and provide healthy food and drink
- Participate in work health and safety
- Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- Develop cultural competence
- Work effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Provide care for babies and toddlers
- Provide care for children
- Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- Support the holistic development of children
- Use information about children to inform practice
- Support behaviour of children and young people
- Support children to connect with their world
- Promote innovation in a team environment
Tuition Fees Current as at 1 October 2018
|Skills First eligible tuition fee||Skills First concession tuition fee||Non-funded tuition fee|
Note: Tuition Fees quoted above are the maximum fees payable. Fees published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional Fees (for detailed information refer to learner handbook found on Studying with us page)
|Assessment visit cancellation fee||$75.00|
|Cluster re-enrolment fee||$200.00|
|Certificate re-issuance fee||$25.00|
- Learners must meet the Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills standards for Certificate III ECEC level study.
- Learners must obtain a Working with Children (WWC) Check.
- Learners must be at least 15 years of age and be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- If you are currently employed you may be eligible for a traineeship.
- Gowrie Victoria encourages people with disabilities to apply. Approval will be subject to the person being able to undertake all tasks and requirements of the course.
- Early Childhood Educator
- Occasional Care Educator
- Family Day Care Educator
- Nanny (In Australia and Overseas)
- Playgroup Supervisor