Gowrie Victoria provides subsidised coaching support to selected kindergarten services for school readiness funding in 2019. We can provide support to assist with the implementation of a particular project, or to coach on specific topics under the three school readiness funding priority areas:
- Communication (language development)
- Wellbeing (social and emotional regulation)
- Access and inclusion
Which services is this coaching support aimed at?
- Kindergarten services that have included coaching support in their plans and are looking for a suitable coach
- Kindergarten services in regional and rural Victoria
- Kindergarten services that are rated as ‘Working Towards’ Quality Areas 1 (Educational Program and Practice) and 5 (Relationships with Children), or services that are less confident in these areas
- Kindergarten services that need assistance with the implementation of programs and supports from the menu for school readiness funding – this may be particularly helpful for services that need additional support to implement programs effectively.
What would this coaching support look like?
Coaching on site with a Gowrie Victoria consultant can include:
- observation of educational practice to understand the needs of the educators and the service
- leading reflective practice conversations with educators to promote change and improvement in educational practice
- supporting educators and the service with strategies to consider and implement, based around the priority areas
- supporting educators and services to ensure the school readiness funding annual plan and Quality Improvement Plan are aligned.
To enquire about coaching using school readiness funding, contact us using the form below or call Jenny on 9362 2210.