WHY WORK FOR GOWRIE VICTORIA?
Gowrie Victoria is a not-for-profit organisation, established in 1939, committed to our purpose to champion good early childhood education and care – because when children learn, we all grow.
We are specialists in early childhood education and care and our service offerings include:
- Children’s programs located at Carlton North, Docklands and Broadmeadows. We currently provide education and care for over 550 children and their families
- A Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3900) that delivers nationally recognised qualifications in early childhood education and care
- Professional development, including short courses and tailor-made training. In the past 20 years thousands of adult learners have received a nationally recognised qualification and the majority of children’s services in Victoria have participated in our professional development and support programs
For over seventy years Gowrie Victoria has grown. We currently employ over 180 people and we’re always looking for like-minded people to join our team.
Some of the benefits of working at Gowrie Victoria include:
- The opportunity to be part of an organisation that is making a difference in the community
- A flexible and friendly workplace with ample opportunities for career and professional development
- The chance to meet and work with people who are some of the best in their field
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Generous personal and carers leave entitlement of 15 days per annum
- 20 days annual leave and 17.5% leave loading paid in December to help with extra holiday expenses
- Option to salary sacrifice additional superannuation.
Expressions of Interest
GV is always on the lookout for passionate ECEC professionals. We welcome applications from like-minded people who are interested in roles in our Children’s Programs, such as:
- Children’s Program Manager and Assistant Manager
- Early Childhood Teacher
- Educational Leader
- Room Leader and Assistant Room Leader
- Kitchen Supervisor/Assistant
- Administration and Support roles
We are looking for ECEC professionals who:
- want to make a real difference in the lives of children and families – we are a not-for-profit organisation committed to our purpose to champion good early childhood education and care.
- are passionate about learning – for themselves as well as the children in our programs.
- love working as part of a team – team work, positive working relationships and a friendly and supportive environment are essential to our success. Equally we recognise the importance of having quality relationships with families and children.
- love ECEC – we aim to be a leader in our field and consistently pursue higher standards. We need people who are passionate about early learning to make this happen.
We currently provide education and care for over 550 children and their families at our children’s programs in Docklands, Broadmeadows and Carlton North.
GV offers a unique and engaging working environment:
- We operate above ratio which allows teams’ flexible time off the floor to plan programs, go on excursions and participate in communities of practice such as Indigenous Perspectives and Sustainability. Having a team that works across the day also provides consistency and familiarity for our children and families.
- We offer above award remuneration and personal leave, organisational conferences and social events.
- We actively work with universities and other partners to participate in research for the ECEC sector
- We offer professional development including specialist programs, on-the-job directed learning, as well as coaching and support from our passionate and experienced leaders
- Access to study and professional development through our Adult Learning function
- Our services are close to public transport and amenities
If you wish to submit an expression of interest for any future opportunities at GV please email firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Subject line – please write “Expression of Interest”
- A cover letter (limit one A4 page) that includes:
- Where you saw the EOI advertised
- What role/s you would be interested in, your preferred location and hours of work (full-time, part-time or casual)
- An overview of how you meet the criteria in the “About You” section above
- What makes you a good candidate for the roles you are interested in
- A resume outlining your qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience.
Gowrie Victoria is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people. Appointment will be conditional upon a satisfactory Working With Children Check.
To be eligible for employment you must have appropriate Australian or New Zealand work rights.