WHY WORK FOR GOWRIE VICTORIA?
Gowrie Victoria is a not-for-profit organisation, established in 1939, committed to our purpose to champion good early childhood education and care – because when children learn, we all grow.
We are specialists in early childhood education and care and our service offerings include:
- Children’s programs located at Carlton North, Docklands, Broadmeadows, Yarraville and Carlton. We currently provide education and care for over 800 children and their families
- A Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3900) that delivers nationally recognised qualifications in early childhood education and care
- Professional development, including short courses and tailor-made training. In the past 20 years thousands of adult learners have received a nationally recognised qualification and the majority of children’s services in Victoria have participated in our professional development and support programs
For over eighty years Gowrie Victoria has grown. We currently employ over 250 people and we’re always looking for like-minded people to join our team.
What we offer
Gowrie Victoria prides itself on our unique and engaging working environment.
- We recognise and value the importance of creating a supportive environment and strong, healthy relationships.
- Our employee engagement levels are in the top 10% for care-based organisations, and 80% of our employee’s rate Gowrie Victoria as a truly great place to work.
- Targeted, holistic professional development, organisational conferences and social events.
- An innovative staffing structure which allows teams’ flexible time off the floor for planning, regular outings and the opportunity to participate in communities of practice and other development programs.
- We actively work with universities and other partners to further research and continuously improve practice for ourselves and the sector.
- Market competitive remuneration, 15 days personal leave and regular RDOs (RDOs apply to certain fulltime roles only)
We are searching for a full time Early Childhood Teacher at our service in Carlton North. Opening in 1939, this is a 76 place service operating three rooms (6 weeks to 5 years) including two integrated kinder programs.
Reporting to the Manager, Early Learning you will lead, coach and inspire a small team of educators in developing and implementing a high-quality pedagogical program by role modelling professional practice reflective of Gowrie Victoria’s purpose, philosophy and values.
For more information and to apply for this position, please click on this link which will take you to Seek. We look forward to hearing from you.
We are currently seeking two Board members.
One will have experience as a senior executive or senior consultant in strategic HR workforce and organisational culture development. Your senior exec or Board experience is in staff-intensive, highly regulated service organisations (not necessarily in ECEC) and you possess great connections within the HR sector.
The other candidate will hold strong knowledge and skills in early childhood theory and pedagogy, working experience in ECEC leadership and management, and good connections to industry peak bodies or state government. Previous Board experience is highly desirable.
Both candidates will commit to regular Board meetings (eight-ten each year), including adequate time for preparation. Additional ad hoc committee work may also be required.
Joining Gowrie at an exciting time, Board Members will become part of an organisation making significant investments in programs, systems and processes. You will work as a member of a respected Board, led by an experienced Chair – along with a high-functioning CEO and executive team.
Following a period of growth from two to six services, Gowrie is entering an exciting phase of development, pursuing five core strategic objectives:
• We will demonstrate and advocate for quality education
• We will partner with communities and families
• We will extend our impact through greater reach
• We will be a learning organisation with great people and a thriving culture
• We will be a sustainable and forward-looking organisation
As we grow, our success will be built on demonstrating high quality early childhood education at scale, while maintaining our financial and operational viability.
To discuss your interest, please either telephone or email our Board secretary, Chris Booton, on 0417 497 334 or firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Board Member enquiry – Gowrie Careers Page
If you would like to submit your CV for future vacancies at Gowrie Victoria, please email Recruitment@GowrieVictoria.org.au with a covering letter which includes the following information:
- Your name
- Contact details – Phone and email please
- Position that you would be interested in eg Early Childhood Educator, Leadership Support, Room leader or Early Childhood Teacher, Education Leader or Management position
- Employment status – full time, part time or casual
We look forward to hearing from you.